Saturday 19 May 2012

Starburst Magazine Issue 377

June's issue of Starburst Magazine is out now - available from Forbidden Planet, WH Smiths, The Cinema Store (if you live in the UK) and from the Starburst website.

In this month's issue I interview the stars of Return of the Living Dead: Brian Peck, Jewel Shephard and the legendary Linnea Quigley. I get the low down on behind the scenes of ROTLD from Brian and Jewel, as well as background to a whole host of Linnea Quigley movies from the 'Scream Queen' herself, including the cult classics Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988), Savage Streets (1984) and Creepozoids (1987). I even get to the bottom of why Don't Go Near The Park (1981) is so abysmal...

In this Month’s issue...

Genesis of Ridley Scott’s upcoming blockbuster PROMETHEUS/Starburst Flashback John Brosnan vs Dan O’Bannon/Interview with Michael Biehn/Aliens in Comics/Bond/Interview with Looper Director Rian Johnson/Doctor Who/Ridley Scott Retrospective plus news, reviews and more from the world of Sci-Fi, Horror and Fantasy.

2 comments:

James Gracey said...

Jon I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your ROTLD feature/interviews in the latest Starburst. Great stuff! I reckon I'll be picking up more issues of the magazine in future; it's one I've only really dipped into now and again, but I absolutely love it. Keep up the fine work. :)

systemshocks said...

Thanks James, that's really kind of you. There's a lot of stuff in Starburst that I'm not really into (like Doctor Who and gaming)but I have to say that in terms of its mix of reviews and articles, I think the magazine is excellent and well worth £3.95!