Wednesday 22 February 2012

Frighten Brighton

I'm looking forward to Frighten Brighton this Saturday. Organised by the indefatigable Cyberschizoid and Scare Sarah this event looks to be a lot of fun. As well as a market of horror related merchandise and author book signings, we are promised a free screening of Frankenstein and The Monster From Hell (1973) in the afternoon (2pm) and in the evening a double bill of HG Lewis's The Gore-Gore Girls and the classic Re-Animator (1985) (5pm - £6 admission)

Taking place in the Rock Inn in Brighton, Cyberschizoid is also laying on a horror quiz in between the screenings in the evening. I may not be sober by then.

The event starts at 12pm at The Rock Inn, 7 Rock Street, Brighton, BN2 4NF this Saturday 25th February.

5 comments:

Wes said...

Jon, I wish I was going with you. I wonder have they secured an uncut print of Frankenstein and The Monster From Hell - that would be quite a coup. It's quite a cool line up of films I must, a really diverse and imaginative program. I'd love to browse some horor merch as well. Will you be posting about the night ? Maybe some pics ?

systemshocks said...

Yeah, it should be fun. I'll take a camera with me. Not sure about the print of Frankenstein. It's in a pub, so am assuming it will be projected from DVD or an on-line source - would the uncut print be a possibility, do you think?

Wes said...

Yep, I guessed would be a digital projection, which is totally fine, and yes it's entirely possible they could have an uncut Monster From Hell - an excellent English-friendly German DVD surfaced a few years with a fully uncut print, but now that disc is OOP and is quite a prize among Hammer scholars. I remember seeing that disc reported on a Hammer thread but I put it on the long-finger and never picked it up.

James Gracey said...

How was Frighten Brighton, Jon? I wish I'd been able to go (I have friends who live in Brighton) but my dire financial situation prevented me from doing so. Bah. Hope you had fun!

systemshocks said...

It was great fun, James. I will be posting on it soon. Would have been great to see you there. The next one is planned for August!