Wednesday 11 April 2012

Shocks to the System is One Year Old!

Shocks to the System is coming up to its first anniversary and by happy coincidence the wonderful Maynard Morrisey has featured it in his Movie Diary as Horror Blog of the Month for April 2012. To have a gander visit Maynard Morrisey's Horror Movie Diary.

As I told Maynard, I started Shocks as a companion blog for the book I am writing on subversive horror films, but in the last year the blog has taken on a life of its own as I discovered the joys of blogging and making friends along the way.

So for this anniversary post, I wanted to express my appreciation to all my followers and readers, and give a special mention to some people who have inspired and supported Shocks to The System in the last twelve months: Wes at Plutonium Shores, James at Behind the Couch, Michael at WIWLN, George at Deformed Destructive,
Martin at A Hero Never Dies, and Maynard at Maynard Morrisey's Horror Movie Diary.

Thanks everyone for making this last year such a joy!

5 comments:

James Gracey said...

Great interview, Jon. And Happy Birthday to your blog! Keep up the great work. :)

A hero never dies said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Jon, looking forward to many more and your book too!

Wes said...

Very well done Jon, and it's me who should be saying thanks for a year's worth of great posts, and great reading. Shocks is one of the few blogs I genuinely get excited about and I do tend to get impatient if you haven't posted in a few days ! Also I can boast that I've been with you pretty much from the beginning and I've greatly enjoyed all our conversations stemming from your posts - which is, I think, one way of measuring how successful a blog is. You've turned me onto stuff I might have overlooked, and you've given me ways to think about Horror films that have challenged long held notions, and have provided new avenues of interest and inspiration. Long may it continue. A year in blogging is no mean feat - I see a lot of promising start-ups fall by the wayside after a few posts, so sincerely, well done !

Maynard Morrissey said...

Happy anniversary to your blog, and HUUUGE THANKS for mentioning me in this post. Really appreciate that.

Keep up the great work! Hope I'll see a Centipede-themed post on your blog in the near future :)

systemshocks said...

Ah, thanks guys. I'm down in Kent at the moment, on my hols, hence the erratic comments and replies, but I will be posting again soon!